Posted on February 12, 2017
Reported by Vicki Walters, Photos by Steve Guthrie and Vicki Walters
The MBA Season '16 Awards Banquet was held at Villa Macri's on Sunday, January 29. No one should have been surprised to see the snow, as it always seems to snow on banquet night. Despite the weather, a great time was had by all. After dinner, Club president, Greg Hicks, spoke to the group about why he likes riding with the club, the success of last year's Amishland and Lakes with special thanks to Dick Kuehl for leading the event and the move from Howe to Lakeland HS. Greg also announced the 2017 Board of Directors and Board Members. They are:
- President - Greg Hicks
- Vice-President - Bonnie Yoder
- Secretary - Teresa Sheppard
- Treasurer - Dick Kuehl
- Board Member - Chris Vanden Bossche
- Board Member / Marketing - Jason Fritz
- Board Member - Gary Gabrich
- Board Member - JoAnne Gabrich
- Board Member - Steve Guthrie
- Board Member - Doug Knapman
- Board Member - Laura Ray
- Board Member - Vicki Walters
- The following individuals received awards:
- Most Club Miles Male: Dick Kuehl (3,809)
- Most Club Miles Female: Vicki Walters (3,010)
- 2nd Most Club Miles Male: Mike McGuigan (3,009)
- 2nd Most Club Miles Female: Dixie Couch (896)
- 3rd Most Club Miles Male: Steve Miller (2,346)
- 3rd Most Club Miles Female: Teresa Sheppard (756)
- 4th Most Club Miles Male: Greg Hicks (2,255)
- 4th Most Club Miles Female: Lisa Scheibelhut (616)
- 5th Most Club Miles Male: Steve Guthrie (2,100)
- 5th Most Club Miles Female: Laura Ray (416)
- Most Incremental Miles Male: Mike McGuigan (1,195)
- Most Incremental Miles Female: Vicki Walters (335)
- Most Miles New Member Male: Dan Metzger (1,000)
- Most Miles New Member Female: Christine Staehler (116)
- Most Leisure Night Rides: Teresa Sheppard (17)
A special award was given to Mike McGuigan for Most "Get-to-the-Ride" Miles. We estimate that Mike, who lives in Saugatuck, Michigan, drove approximately 12,000 miles (160 miles round-trip) to get to the 76 MBA rides he participated in last year. Mike's award was a $25 gas card and a book on CD.
In addition to these awards, twelve $25 bike shop gift cards given out as door prizes. Congratulations to all the winners!!
Dates to remember . . . The Swap Meet is March 26 and we are looking for volunteers. Please sign-up here. The Kick-off Ride is Sunday, April 2, at Ferrettie/Baugo Creek County Park. Amishland and Lakes is Saturday, July 29.
If you are interested in participating in this year's 4-day ride in Galena, IL, please complete the select-the-date survey on the 4-day ride page by February 28, 2017.
View all of the photos from the banquet here.